Main Street - Imogene - 1909...Note street light on the right
Railroad Street looking north
Horse & buggy days
1903 Jackson cars...Buzz Faust, John Conkle, George Brooks
Sidney Chautauqua Boosters at an Imogene celebration in 1910
1914 Railroad Street-Imogene
Imogene skyline from the east
Left to right-Free Methodist Church, Methodist Church, Lutheran Church, St. Patrick Church, St. Patrick Academy, Imogene Public School; the Reformed Church was on Main Street.
Railroad Street-later date
Cahill Bank on the left, Addy & Hilliary; two banks built in 1914...Rodes Addy, Dan Bussard, Russell Addy, Albert Addy, Frank Payne, Dan Pearson
Inside of Addy's Store
Marcus Addy Meat Shop (Note men on the pole)
Imogene bank vault after the robbery on March 20, 1909.
Two men robbed the Imogene bank of $5,000 on the morning of March 20, 1909. A $500 reward was offered the day after the robbery. The description of the two robbers follows. #1-Man 40-45 years old, 6'1" tall, straight, face very dark skinned and white hands making a striking contrast, good head of dark hair tinged with dark gray, parted on the side, is shot on left side of face and forehead and in left leg with No. 10 bird shot, light blue eyes, reads print with glasses, was dressed in blue suit with thin light dotted stripe about an inch apart. Had white scar across the four knuckles of right hand. Generally quite well-dressed. Had a ring band tattooed around the little finger of left hand. #2-Man 40-45 years old, 5'6"tall, narrow shouldered and narrow chested, slightly stooped,takes short quick steps, very tidy in appearance, good growth of hair tinged with light gray, short nose, joints of fingers much enlarged, is sick now from the gases used in handling the explosives. Both men are expert safe blowers. Information was to be sent to T.H. Read, President, Shenandoah
Mike Dempsey Furniture Store
Charles Gee Grocery & Postoffice, Deppe Store, H. J. Smith Meats...____McGargill, Roy Trenholm, Charlie Gee, Ed Bussard, Harness maker, Earl Clark, Charles Deppe, George Retesldorf, Lou Scheibeler
North end of Main Street from the north corner included Smith Meats, Deppe Harness Shop, Gee Grocery & Postoffice, Millinery Store, Photograph Gallery, Dr. Baker home & office, Bullett & Schultz Hardware and livery stable
Charles Deppe's Harness Shop
Deppe's-inside (known to be in business by 1891)
Hayes Pool Hall (1930's)
Bill Head Drugstore
Hibernian Hall was a Methodist Church prior to 1903. Alley is still visible west of Kevin Olson's home (2015) on the south side of 2nd street one block straight south of St. Patrick Church.
Hilliary's Hardware in Addy's store
Postoffice-building with striped awning; WWI vets
Fred Wiman in the Imogene Postoffice
1906-Printy Grocery & Dry Goods Store-
Left to right-boy leaning on post-Billy Rucker, Father Edmund Hayes, two contractors, Mrs. Printy, Mike Printy, George Printy (son), Raymond Hayes, Mike Dempsey, Allie Maher, Tony Printy (son), Tom Clark, Jerry Maher, Ira Clark (well digger). In the picture, the Bill Head Pharmacy can be seen on the left and the building on the right was one of two banks in Imogene. This building later became the Town & Country Tavern.
Stockyards-built after the railroad came through the area and was still in operation in 1940
Allie Maher, Ed Sweeney, John Laughlin
Trenholm's Store-known to be in business by 1882
Wabash Depot, scale and scale house, feed building and then the elevator; when Dan Laughlin & Gloria Warner wed in 1949, their reception was held in the feed building. The elevator and feed building stood behind the grain bins into the 21st century.
Imogene Public School-1909
2nd Public School - built 1909
Imogene Public School
1926 Imogene Public School-interior burned and outside bulldozed in 1983
1970 picture....1922-St. Patrick convent-now Faith Center, 1904-rectory, 1915-St. Patrick Church, 1907-St.Patrick Academy (demolished 1972), Imogene Public School (interior burned & then demolished 1983)
Reformed Church / St. Paul United Methodist Church
Victorian House-Hugh Laughlin, Rich & Kim Lemonds, Kyle & Kathryn Dornburgh residence through the years
1948-Getting ready for a platform dance on Railroad Street
Flood of Palmer Lumberyard May 22, 1903
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.